Powder for Suspension
Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Arlin.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Arlin may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing b... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Arlin is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Arlin may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Arlin is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Arlin is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlyin... View More
Arlin should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Arlin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited inf... View More
Arlin is an antibiotic medicine used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections. It is used to treat infections of lungs (Pneumonia), skin and soft... View More
Uses of Arlin
- Severe bacterial infections
Side effects of Arlin
- Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets)
How to use Arlin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Arlin may be taken with or... View More
How Arlin works
Arlin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
- Arlin treats serious infections caused by certain types of bacteria.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your sto... View More
- Avoid taking excessive cheese, processed meats, alcohol, or soy sauce while taking this medication as these may cause an excessive rise in your blood pr... View More
- Inform your doctor if you develop fever, shortness of breath, or any changes in your vision.
- Do not take it for more than 14 days without consulting your doctor.
Community-acquired pneumonia, Skin and skin structure infections, Nosocomial pneumonia
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections Adult: 400 mg 12 hrly for 10-14 days. Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium Adult: 600 m... View More
Oral For Pediatric Patients Pneumonia, complicated skin infections, vancomycin resistant enterococci: Birth–11 y: 30 mg/kg/day q8h >11 y: 1,200 mg/... View More
Renal impairment: No dosage adjustment needed.
Linzolid formulations are contraindicated for use in patients who have known hypersensitivity to Linzolid or any of the other product components. Linzol... View More
Mode of Action
Linezolid is a bacteriostatic oxazolidinone which acts by inhibiting ribosomal protein synthesis. It is active against gm+ve bacteria including vancomyc... View More
Preexisting myelosuppression, renal impairment (CrCl < 30ml/min), uncontrolled hypertension, phaeochromocytoma, carcinoid syndrome, untreated hyperthyro... View More
>10% Pediatrics Diarrhea (7.8-10.8%) 1-10% Headache (5.7-8.8%).Diarrhea (8.2-8.3%),Nausea (5.1-6.6%),Vomiting (2-4.3%),Dizziness (1.8-2.6%),Rash (... View More
May reduce serum levels w/ rifampicin and phenytoin. May cause hypoglycaemia w/ insulin or oral antidiabetics. May increase risk of seizures w/ tramadol... View More
Alternative brand for Arlin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More