Rephco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Avotil.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Information regarding the use of Avotil during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Avotil is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby. Occasio... View More
Avotil may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Avotil should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Avotil may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Avotil should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Avotil may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Avotil is used to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness due to ear diseases (Meniere’s syndrome). This medicine is also used in mental illnesses such as ... View More
Uses of Avotil
- Meniere's disease
Side effects of Avotil
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
How to use Avotil
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Avotil is to be taken with... View More
How Avotil works
Avotil is a dopamine antagonist. It works by blocking the dopamine receptors in the region of brain that controls nausea and vomiting.
- Avotil is used for the prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting.
- It may also be used to treat dizziness associated with problems of the inner ear such as Meniere’s Syndrome.
- It may cause sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Avotil as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- It makes you more likely to get heatstroke. Avoid heavy exercising and drink plenty of fluids.
- It can cause your skin to be more sensitive to sunlight. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight while having this medicine.
Vertigo, Psychoses, Nausea and vomiting, Severe anxiety disorders
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Prophylaxis of nausea and vomitting Adult: As maleate : 5-10 mg bid/tid. Nausea and vomiting Adult: As maleate : 20 mg, further doses are gi... View More
Oral Psychoses Child: 1-5 yr: 1.25-2.5 mg; 5-12 yr: 2.5-5 mg. May be given up to tid, if necessary.
CNS depression, comatose patients. Bone marrow depression, phaechromocytoma, prolactin-dependent tumours, hypersensitivity. Childn <2 yr. Pregnancy and ... View More
Mode of Action
Prochlorperazine blocks both postsynaptic dopamine receptors as well as the medullary chemo receptor trigger zone. It depresses hypothalamic and hypophy... View More
Extrapyramidal syndrome, hypotension, epilepsy, impaired hepatic, renal, CV, cerebrovascular or respiratory function, glaucoma. May impair ability to dr... View More
<1% Insomnia,Restlessness,Dizziness,Anxiety,Euphoria,Agitation,Depression,Weakness,Headache,Cerebral edema,Poikilothermia,Tachycardia,ECG changes,Anore... View More
Additive anticholinergic effects with antihistamines, tricyclic antidepressants and drugs used in parkinsonism. May reduce the antihypertensive effect o... View More
Alternative brand for Avotil
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More