Novartis (Bangladesh) Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Tykerb 250. Please consult your doctor.
Tykerb 250 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it i... View More
Tykerb 250 is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Tykerb 250 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Tykerb 250 should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tykerb 250 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. ... View More
Tykerb 250 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tykerb 250 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited ... View More
Tykerb 250 is used in the treatment of breast cancer. It shows its working by stopping or slowing down the growth of cancer cells. It is either used alo... View More
Uses of Tykerb 250
- Breast cancer
Side effects of Tykerb 250
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Breathing problems
- Hot flashes
- Increased bilirubin in the blood
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Joint pain
- Liver damage
- Loss of appetite
- Mucosal inflammation
- Pain in extremity
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Weight gain
How to use Tykerb 250
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tykerb 250 is to be taken ... View More
How Tykerb 250 works
Tykerb 250 is an anti-cancer medication. This works against the HER2 (human epidermal growth factor receptor protein) receptors and EGFRs (epidermal gro... View More
- It should be taken 1 hour before or after the meal, preferably at the same time every day.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly while taking this medication. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms of very high blood pressure such as severe... View More
- It may cause serious bleeding problem. Inform your doctor if you get headaches, stomach pain or if you notice blood in your urine or stools.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take at least 1 hr before or 1 hr after a meal. Do not eat/drink grapefruit products.
Oral Breast Cancer HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer Indicated in combination with capecitabine for treatment of patients with advanced or... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Hypersensitivity to lapatinib ditosylate
Mode of Action
Kinase inhibitor, blocks EGF-receptor HER2 kinase; tyrosing kinase inhibition possibly blocks angiogenesis and cellular proliferation.
Evaluate left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) prior to treatment. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment. Patients who have or may develop QTc prolo... View More
>10% (lapatinib+capecitabine) Diarrhea (65%),Anemia (56%),Hand-foot synd (53%),Increased LFTs (37-49%),Nausea (44%),Rash (28%),Vomiting (26%),Pain (23%... View More
Increased conc w/ CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg ketoconazole, itraconazole or grapefruit juice), midazolam, irinotecan & digoxin. Decreased conc w/ CYP3A4 induc... View More
Alternative brand for Tykerb 250
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More