Roche Bangladesh Pharmaceutical
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Tarceva. Please consult your doctor.
Tarceva is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Tarceva is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
It is not known whether Tarceva alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and rea... View More
Tarceva is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Tarceva is recommended. Use of this medicine is not advised in patients wi... View More
Tarceva should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tarceva may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limited inform... View More
Tarceva is used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. Tarceva should be taken on an empty stomach or should be taken on... View More
Uses of Tarceva
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Side effects of Tarceva
- Abdominal pain
- Bone pain
- Muscle pain
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Weight loss
How to use Tarceva
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tarceva is to be taken emp... View More
How Tarceva works
Tarceva is an anti-cancer medication. Epidermal growth factor receptors (EGFR) are expressed on the lung cancer cell surfaces that modulate their growth... View More
What if you forget to take Tarceva?
If you miss a dose of Tarceva, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Tarceva helps treat non-small cell lung cancer that is locally advanced, or has spread to other areas of the body.
- It should be taken 1 hour before or 2 hours after the meal.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine and for a month after you stop taking it.
- It makes your skin sensitive towards sunlight. Apply sunscreen or wear protective clothing while going out.
- It is advisable to avoid smoking while taking this medicine, as it makes the drug ineffective and requires dose adjustment.
- Do not take it with medication lowering the stomach acid (such as antacids, H2 blockers including ranitidine), as it may affect the working of medicine.... View More
- Inform your doctor if you develop ulceration in your mouth, changes in your vision or if you experience a worsening cough, shortness of breath, or breat... View More
- Your doctor may want you to have regular blood tests to monitor your liver function while you are having treatment with this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Small cell lung cancer, Pancreatic cancer
Should be taken on an empty stomach. Take on an empty stomach at least 1 hr before or 2 hr after meals.
Oral Locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung carcinoma Adult: 150 mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Reduce ... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Mode of Action
Erlotinib is an epidermal growth factor receptor/human epidermal growth factor receptor type 1 (EGFR/HER1) tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It reversibly inhi... View More
Pregnancy and lactation. Interrupt Erlotinib therapy if patient develops unexplained pulmonary symptoms e.g. dyspnoea, cough, fever; discontinue therapy... View More
>10% Rash (75-76%),Anorexia (52-69%),Diarrhea (54-55%),Fatigue (52-79%),Nausea (33-40%),Infection (39%),Vomiting (23-25%),Dyspnea (24%),Stomatitis (17-... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Based on animal data and its mechanism of action, erlotinib can cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman Advise females of rep... View More
Increased serum levels w/ potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, clarithromycin, atazanavir). CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. rifampicin, carbamazepine, phe... View More
Alternative brand for Tarceva
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More