Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Acuren 50 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Acuren 50 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developi... View More
Acuren 50 is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not ... View More
Acuren 50 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Acuren 50 should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Acuren 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Us... View More
Acuren 50 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Acuren 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Acuren 50 is a diuretic (water pill) medicine used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). This medicine reduces excess fluid levels in the body an... View More
Uses of Acuren 50
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Acuren 50
- Increased blood uric acid
- Decreased potassium level in blood
- Glucose intolerance
- Altered blood lipid level
How to use Acuren 50
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Acuren 50 is to be taken w... View More
How Acuren 50 works
Acuren 50 is a diuretic which lowers blood pressure by removing extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vess... View More
What if you forget to take Acuren 50?
If you miss a dose of Acuren 50, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your... View More
- Acuren 50 helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- It makes you feel dizzy. Avoid driving and attention requiring activity until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking Acuren 50 as it may increase the dizziness.
- It may cause a sudden drop of sodium level in blood. Avoid low sodium diet while you are taking this medication.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Acuren 50, and notify your doctor if it does not lower down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Hypertension, Congestive heart failure, Oedema, Diabetes insipidus, Renal tubular acidosis
Should be taken with food.
Oral Hypertension Adult: Initially, 12.5 mg, may increase to 25-50 mg once daily as necessary either alone or w/ other antihypertensives. Elderly: 12... View More
Oral Hypertension Child: <6 mth 1-3 mg/kg/day in 1-2 divided doses. Max: 37.5 mg daily; 6 mth to 2 yr 1-2 mg/kg/day in 1-2 divided doses. Max: 37.5 ... View More
Renal impairment CrCl <10 mL/min: Avoid use CrCl >10 mL/min: Dose adjustment not necessary; not effective with CrCl <30 mL/min unless used in combinat... View More
Hypersensitivity to sulfonamide-derived drugs, anuria, severe renal impairment.
Mode of Action
Hydrochlorothiazide inhibits the reabsorption of Na and chloride in the distal tubules causing increased excretion of Na and water K and hydrogen ions.
Patients w/ electrolyte disturbances, history of gout, allergy or bronchial asthma, DM, parathyroid disease, hypercholesterolaemia. May exacerbate SLE. ... View More
Electrolyte disturbances, weakness, hypotension, pancreatitis, jaundice, diarrhoea, vomiting, sialadenitis, cramping, constipation, gastric irritation, ... View More
Increases toxicity of lithium. May potentiate orthostatic hypotension w/ barbiturates and narcotics. Enhanced neuromuscular blocking action of competiti... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More