Drug International Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Erutic 25 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Erutic 25 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, the... View More
Information regarding the use of Erutic 25 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Erutic 25 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Erutic 25 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Erutic 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Er... View More
Erutic 25 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Erutic 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Eru... View More
Erutic 25 is a medicine known as a diuretic (water pill). It is mainly used in the treatment of heart failure and high blood pressure. It is also used t... View More
Uses of Erutic 25
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Side effects of Erutic 25
- Flu-like symptoms
- Increased potassium level in blood
- Increased creatinine level in blood
How to use Erutic 25
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Erutic 25 may be taken wit... View More
How Erutic 25 works
Erutic 25 is a potassium-sparing diuretic. It lowers blood pressure and swelling by removing the extra water and electrolytes from the body without loss... View More
What if you forget to take Erutic 25?
If you miss a dose of Erutic 25, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your... View More
- Erutic 25 helps remove fluid from your body when used with other drugs.
- It can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Erutic 25 affects you.
- It may increase the level of potassium in your blood. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Your doctor will regularly check your kidney function and the amount of potassium in your blood while you are on this medicine.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, diarrhea, vomiting, fast or irregular heartbeat, swelling in feet, or difficulty breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Hypertension, Heart failure, Congestive heart failure, Left ventricular dysfunction, Acute myocardial infarction
May be taken with or without food.
Hypertension (HTN) Initial 50 mg PO qDay; may increase to 50 mg PO q12hr; may take up to four weeks for full therapeutic response; hyperkelemia may occ... View More
Renal Impairment Contraindicated if CrCl <50 mL/min or serum creatinine >2 mg/dL in males or >1.8 mg/dL in females
For all patients: Serum potassium >5.5 mEq/L at initiation; CrCl ?30 mL/min; concomitant use of strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazol... View More
Mode of Action
Aldosterone binds to mineralocorticoid receptors in both epithelial (e.g. kidney, GI tract) and nonepithelial (e.g. heart, blood vessels, brain) tissues... View More
Measure serum potassium levels before starting therapy, within the first wk, and periodically thereafter. Increased risk of hyperkalaemia in patients wi... View More
1-10% Hyperkalemia (2-10%),Increased risk of hyperkalemia with presence of renal dysfunction 1-3% Dizziness,Fatigue/malaise,Abdominal pain,Diarrhea... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Available data from published case reports on eplerenone use during pregnancy are insufficient to establish a drug-associated risk of major b... View More
Concomitant use with CYP3A4 Inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, voriconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole, clarithromycin, diltiazem saquinavir, verpamil, rito... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More