Sunman-Birdem Pharma Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with SB-Sovir. Please consult your doctor.
SB-Sovir is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, ther... View More
SB-Sovir is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
SB-Sovir may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. SB-Sovir, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment of hepati... View More
SB-Sovir should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of SB-Sovir may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limi... View More
SB-Sovir is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of SB-Sovir is recommended.
SB-Sovir is an antiviral medication. It is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It works by... View More
Uses of SB-Sovir
- Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
Side effects of SB-Sovir
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
How to use SB-Sovir
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. SB-Sovir is to be taken wi... View More
How SB-Sovir works
SB-Sovir is an antiviral medication. It works by lowering a load of hepatitis C virus in the body and removing the virus from the blood over a period of... View More
What if you forget to take SB-Sovir?
If you miss a dose of SB-Sovir, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your ... View More
- SB-Sovir is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It has fewer side effects compared to other similar medications.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
- Do not stop taking SB-Sovir without your doctor's advice.
Chronic Hepatitis C, Patients with hepatocellular carcinoma awaiting liver transplantation
Should be taken with food.
Oral Chronic Hepatitis C One 400 mg tablet taken once daily with or without food - Should be used in combination with Ribavirin or in combination wit... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
When Sofosbivur is used in combination with Ribavirin or Peginterferon alfa/Ribavirin, the contraindications applicable to those agents are applicable t... View More
Mode of Action
Nucleotide prodrug that undergoes metabolism to the active uridine analog triphosphate, an inhibitor of HCV NS5B RNA-dependent polymerase; its inhibitio... View More
Pregnancy: Ribavirin may cause birth defects and fetal death and animal studies have shown interferons have abortifacient effects; avoid pregnancy in fe... View More
>10% Sofosbuvir plus ribavarin (12 weeks) Fatigue (38%),Headache (24%),Nausea (22%),Insomnia (15%),Pruritus (11%),Sofosbuvir plus ribavarin (24 weeks)... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: B; Category X when used in combination with ribavirin or peginterferon alfa/ribavirin
Reduced therapeutic effect w/ drugs that are potent P-gp inducers in the intestine (eg rifampicin, St. John's wort, carbamazepine & phenytoin), modafini... View More
Alternative brand for SB-Sovir
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More