Ethical Drug Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Melit.
Melit may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing b... View More
Information regarding the use of Melit during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Melit may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Melit in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Melit should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Melit may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Melit is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of depression. This medicine helps by increasing the level of chemical messengers in the b... View More
Uses of Melit
Side effects of Melit
- Urinary retention
- Weight gain
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Increased heart rate
- Increased prolactin level in blood
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
- Muscle stiffness
How to use Melit
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Melit may be taken with or... View More
How Melit works
Melit is a combination of two medicines: Flupenthixol and Melitracen. Flupenthixol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopami... View More
- Melit helps treat anxiety and depression.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Melit can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine because it can make drowsiness worse.
- It can cause changes in your blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease, thyroid disorder, severe heart disease, or a urinary disorder.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Let your doctor know you are taking Melit before undergoing any surgical procedure.
Depression, Anxiety, Apathy, Dysphoria
Adults: Usually 2 tablets daily; morning and noon. In severe cases the morning dose may be increased to 2 tablets. Elderly: 1 tablet in the morning. M... View More
The immediate recovery phase after myocardial infarction, Defects in bundle-branch conduction, Untreated narrow angle glaucoma, Acute alcohol, barbitura... View More
Mode of Action
Flupentixol is a thioxanthene antipsychotic that inhibits dopamine-mediated effects by blocking postsynaptic dopamine receptors in the CNS. Melitracen ... View More
If previously the patient has been treated with tranquilizers with sedative effect these should be withdrawn gradually.
In the recommended doses side effects are rare. These could be transient restlessness and insomnia.
May potentiate the adverse effects of drugs with antimuscarinic effects e.g. TCAs. Reduced efficacy of levodopa. Increases adverse extrapyramidal sympto... View More
Alternative brand for Melit
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More