Additional OffersShow all
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Bredicon. Please consult your doctor.
Bredicon is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful eff... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Bredicon is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not h... View More
Bredicon does not usually affect your ability to drive.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
There is limited information available on the use of Bredicon in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Bredicon should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Bredicon may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Bredi... View More
Bredicon is a medicine used as an oral contraceptive pill to prevent pregnancy. It helps to prevent the release and fertilization of the egg by sperm. I... View More
Uses of Bredicon
Side effects of Bredicon
- Weight gain
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Mood changes
- Breast pain
How to use Bredicon
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Bredicon may be taken with... View More
How Bredicon works
Bredicon is a progestin (female hormone). It works by preventing the release of an egg from the ovary or preventing the fertilization of the egg by sper... View More
- Bredicon helps prevent pregnancy.
- It is more than 99% effective, if taken correctly.
- Take it continuously at the same time everyday with no break between pack of pills.
- Unlike other combined oral contraceptives, it can also be taken by women who smoke, are over 35 yrs of age or are breastfeeding.
- If you are more than 12 hours late in taking a pill you will not be protected against pregnancy. Use other contraceptive methods such as condoms for the... View More
- If you vomit within 2 hours of taking Bredicon, take another pill as soon as you feel well.
- It may stop your periods or make them lighter, irregular or more frequent. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain,... View More
Oral Oral contraception Adult: 75 mcg daily when used alone. For monophasic combined oral contraceptives: Typically, 150 mcg daily; for triphasic comb... View More
Pregnancy, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, severe arterial disease; liver adenoma, porphyria; after evacuation of hydatidiform mole; history of breast can... View More
Mode of Action
Desogestrel is a progestogen structurally related to levonorgestrel that has been shown to reliably inhibit ovulation.
Heart disease, sex-steroid dependent cancer, past ectopic pregnancy, malabsorption syndromes, functional ovarian cysts, active liver disease, recurrent ... View More
Menstrual irregularities; nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, breast discomfort, gynecomastia, depression, skin disorders, disturbance of appetite, w... View More
Reduced efficacy with enzyme-inducing drugs; aminoglutethimide. May inhibit ciclosporin metabolism.
Alternative brand for Bredicon
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More