Unimed Unihealth Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Pulfibro 534. Please consult your doctor.
Pulfibro 534 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the devel... View More
Information regarding the use of Pulfibro 534 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Pulfibro 534 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Pulfibro 534 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Pulfibro 534 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use... View More
Pulfibro 534 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Pulfibro 534 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use ... View More
Pulfibro 534 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It reduces scarring and swelling in the lungs and helps ... View More
Uses of Pulfibro 534
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Side effects of Pulfibro 534
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Sinus inflammation
- Loss of appetite
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Weight loss
How to use Pulfibro 534
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Pulfibro 534 is to be take... View More
How Pulfibro 534 works
Pulfibro 534 is an antifibrotic medication. It works by reducing fibrosis (scarring) and swelling in the lungs. This makes breathing easier.
- Pulfibro 534 reduces scarring and swelling in the lungs, and helps you breathe better.
- It is best to take this medicine with food and at the same time each day.
- This medication may make you more sensitive to sun. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
- Stop smoking during treatment with Pulfibro 534 as it can reduce the effect of the treatment.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause weight loss. Monitor your weight regularly.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop abdominal pain, loss of appetite, darkened urine or yellowing of ... View More
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)
Should be taken with food: Take w/ food to reduce the possibility of nausea & dizziness. Swallow whole w/ water. Take doses at same time each day.
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Initial dose titration Days 1-7: 267 mg (1 capsule) PO TID Days 8-14: 534 mg (2 capsules) PO TID Day 15 and thereafter... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment Mild, moderate, or severe: Use caution; monitor and consider dosage modification or discontinuation as needed ESRD requiring dialysis... View More
Hypersensitivity. History of angioedema. Severe hepatic & renal impairment or end stage liver & renal disease. Concomitant use w/ fluvoxamine.
Mode of Action
Precise mechanism by which pirfenidone may work in pulmonary fibrosis has not been established Inhibits transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, a chemic... View More
Hepatic function abnormalities, hepatic impairment, photosensitivity reaction or rash, angioedema, dizziness, fatigue & wt loss. May affect ability to d... View More
>10% Nausea (36%),Rash (30%),Upper respiratory tract infection (27%),Diarrhea (26%),Abdominal pain (24%),Headache (22%),Dyspepsia (19%),Dizziness (18%)... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Data in pregnant women are insufficient to inform on drug associated risks for major birth defects and miscarriage.
Inhibition of CYP1A2 w/ concomitant grapefruit juice. Increased exposure w/ fluvoxamine & other strong & selective CYP1A2 inhibitors, ciprofloxacin, ami... View More
Alternative brand for Pulfibro 534
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More