Delta Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with Baricit 2 does not cause any harmful side effects.
Baricit 2 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in... View More
Baricit 2 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Baricit 2 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Baricit 2 is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Baricit 2 is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Baricit 2 is recommended. Baricit 2 may not be recommended in patients wi... View More
Baricit 2 is a Janus kinase inhibitor used to treat moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis. It helps decrease pain, tenderness and swelling in the join... View More
Uses of Baricit 2
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Side effects of Baricit 2
- Upper respiratory tract infection
How to use Baricit 2
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Baricit 2 may be taken wit... View More
How Baricit 2 works
Baricit 2 is Janus kinase inhibitor. It works by blocking the action of the enzyme, Janus kinase. This decreases inflammation and joint damage in rheuma... View More
- Baricit 2 is used alone or in combination with methotrexate for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis that did not improve with other anti-rheumatic dru... View More
- It may take 3 to 6 months to feel the maximum effect of this medication. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function, kidney function, blood counts or cholesterol level.
- Baricit 2 can make it a bit harder for people to fight off infections. Inform your doctor if you have symptoms of an infection such as fever, chills, co... View More
- Your doctor may get TB (tuberculosis) skin test and a chest X-ray before starting treatment with this medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Indicated for adults with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response to one or mo... View More
Mode of Action
Janus kinases (JAKs) pathways inhibitor; JAK consists of a group of intracellular tyrosine kinases that transmit signals from cytokine or growth factor-... View More
Serious and sometimes fatal infections may develop owing to bacterial, mycobacterial, invasive fungal, viral, or other opportunistic pathogens reported;... View More
>10% Upper respiratory tract infections (16.3%) 1-10% Nausea (2.7%) Increased LFTs (1-2%) Platelet elevations (1-2%) Herpes zoster infecti... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Data in pregnant women are insufficient to inform a drug-associated risk for major birth defects or miscarriage Animal studies In animal ... View More
Avoid use of live vaccines; update immunizations in agreement with current immunization guidelines before initiating Coadministration with strong OAT3 ... View More
Alternative brand for Baricit 2
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More