Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Xarelta 10. Please consult your doctor.
Xarelta 10 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Xarelta 10 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Xarelta 10 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Xarelta 10 may cause dizziness or fainting. This may affect your driving abi... View More
Xarelta 10 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Xarelta 10 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of ... View More
Xarelta 10 is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Xarelta 10 is a medicine known as an anticoagulant or blood thinner. It helps prevent and treat blood clots. It is used to reduce the risk of stroke and... View More
Uses of Xarelta 10
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Stroke prevention
Side effects of Xarelta 10
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
How to use Xarelta 10
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Xarelta 10 is to be taken ... View More
How Xarelta 10 works
Xarelta 10 is a novel oral anticoagulant (NOAC). It works by preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
What if you forget to take Xarelta 10?
If you miss a dose of Xarelta 10, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- For best results, take Xarelta 10 at the same time every day. It is better to take at night with meals.
- It interacts less with food or other medicines. Hence, frequent dose changes are not required.
- It increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, using sharp objects or engaging in contact sports (e.g. f... View More
- It may cause dizziness. Avoid driving or activity requiring mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Xarelta 10 temporarily.
- Notify your doctor if you have any kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication without talking to your doctor.
Atrial fibrillation, Strokes, Deep venous thrombosis
10-Mg Tab: May be taken with or without food. 15- & 20-Mg Tab: Should be taken with food.
DVT Prophylaxis (Orthopedic Surgery) Indicated for prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which may lead to pulmonary embolism (PE) in patients und... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment (nonvalvular AF) CrCl 30-50 mL/min: 20 mg/day CrCl 15-50 mL/min: 15 mg/day ESRD on intermittent renal dialysis: 15 mg/day Renal i... View More
Patient w/ active pathologic bleeding, significant risk of major bleeding (e.g. recent GI ulcer, oesophageal varices, recent brain, spine, or ophth surg... View More
Mode of Action
Factor Xa inhibitor that inhibits platelet activation by selectively blocking the active site of factor Xa without requiring a cofactor (eg, antithrombi... View More
Patient w/ hepatic disease associated w/ coagulopathy, severe HTN, prosthetic heart valve, vascular retinopathy, bronchiectasis. Anaesth w/ post-op indw... View More
1-10% Abdominal pain (<2%),Back pain (<4%),Blister (1%),Bruising (3%),Constipation (<3%),Diarrhea (<5%),Dizziness (<6%),Dyspepsia (<2%),Epistaxis (4-10... View More
Reduced hepatic & renal clearance w/ strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (clarithromycin, erythromycin, fluconazole). Increased bleeding risk w/ azole antimycotics... View More
Alternative brand for Xarelta 10
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More