Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Topimax 25.
Topimax 25 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it i... View More
Topimax 25 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Topimax 25 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Topimax 25 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Topimax 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Topimax 25 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Topimax 25 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Topimax 25 is a medicine used to treat epilepsy (seizures) and to prevent migraines. It is also used in the treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (a rare... View More
Uses of Topimax 25
- Prevention of migraine
- Lennox–Gastaut syndrome
Side effects of Topimax 25
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Memory impairment
- Psychomotor impairment
- Speech disorder
- Taste change
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Visual impairment
- Weight loss
How to use Topimax 25
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Topimax 25 may be taken wi... View More
How Topimax 25 works
Topimax 25 is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brai... View More
What if you forget to take Topimax 25?
If you miss a dose of Topimax 25, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day while taking Topimax 25. This can reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Epilepsy, Migraine prophylaxis, Seizures associated w/ Lennox-gastaut syndrome
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Partial-Onset or Primary Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures Monotherapy Adult: 25 mg PO q12hr initially; may increase by 50 mg/day at weekly inte... View More
Oral Partial-Onset or Primary Generalized Tonic-Clonic Seizures Monotherapy <2 years: Safety and efficacy not established 2 to <10 years: 25 mg P... View More
Renal impairment: Moderate to severe: Doses should be halved. Haemodialysis: supplemental dose equal to about ½ of the daily dose should be given in div... View More
Contraindicated in persons showing hypersensitivity to any component of this preparation.
Mode of Action
Topiramate is a sulfamate-substituted monosaccharide with precise mechanism of action unknown. It may be due to various mechanisms e.g. blocking of volt... View More
Renal or hepatic impairment, pregnancy, lactation. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Maintain adequate hydration to reduce the risk of ... View More
>10% Decrease in serum bicarbonate (7-67%),Dizziness (4-29%),Fatigue (9-16%),Ataxia (6-16%),Nervousness (9-18%),Paresthesia (1-11%),Psychomotor slowing... View More
Coadmin with antiepileptic drugs e.g. phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital decreases plasma concentration of topiramate. Possible increase in phenyto... View More
Alternative brand for Topimax 25
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More