Beacon Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Amipride 100.
Amipride 100 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the devel... View More
Amipride 100 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Amipride 100 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. You may feel less alert, drowsy or sleepy while taking this medicine. This... View More
Amipride 100 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Amipride 100 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use... View More
Amipride 100 is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Amipride 100 may not be nee... View More
Amipride 100 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions and als... View More
Uses of Amipride 100
Side effects of Amipride 100
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Decreased blood pressure
- Dystonia (involuntary muscle contractions)
- Akathisia (inability to stay still)
- Increased prolactin level in blood
How to use Amipride 100
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Amipride 100 may be taken ... View More
How Amipride 100 works
Amipride 100 is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
- Amipride 100 helps treat schizophrenia.
- Take it at bedtime to avoid feeling sleepy during the day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Amipride 100 can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- It may cause increased weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat) levels. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking Amipride 100 without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Acute and chronic schizophrenic disorders, in which positive symptoms (such as delusions, hallucinations, thought disorders) and/or negative symptoms (s... View More
Adult Acute episodes, 400—800mg daily in two divided doses. Adjust according to response; max 1.2g daily. Mixed positive and negative symptoms, adjust... View More
Under 18 years, not recommended.
Amisulpride is eliminated by the renal route. In renal insufficiency, the dose should be reduced to half in patients with creatinine clearance (CRCL) be... View More
Prolactin-dependent tumours, phaeochromocytoma. Lactation.
Mode of Action
Amisulpride binds selectively with a high affinity to human dopaminergic D2/D3 receptor subtypes whereas it is devoid of affinity for D1, D4 and D5 rece... View More
Cardiovascular disease, family history of QT prolongation, hypokalaemia, renal impairment (CrCl <60ml/min), epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, ris... View More
Nervous system disorders: Very common: Extrapyramidal symptoms may occur: tremor, rigidity, hypokinesia, hypersalivation, akathisia, dyskinesia. These ... View More
Other antipsychotics, drugs that prolong QT interval, levodopa, CNS depressants, alcohol, antihypertensives.
Alternative brand for Amipride 100
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More