Opsonin Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
Relsin 8 may cause excessive drowsiness with alcohol.
Relsin 8 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, ther... View More
Information regarding the use of Relsin 8 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Relsin 8 may cause dizziness or weakness due to low blood pressure. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Relsin 8 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Relsin 8 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Rels... View More
Relsin 8 should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Relsin 8 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Limit... View More
Relsin 8 is an alpha adrenergic antagonist that is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. It helps to relieve symptoms like difficulty i... View More
Uses of Relsin 8
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Side effects of Relsin 8
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
How to use Relsin 8
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Relsin 8 is to be taken with food.
How Relsin 8 works
Relsin 8 is an alpha blocker. It works by relaxing muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
What if you forget to take Relsin 8?
If you miss a dose of Relsin 8, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your ... View More
- Relsin 8 helps in relieving the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It does not decrease the size of the prostate.
- Relsin 8 must be taken with food.
- You will feel better within hours or days of starting the treatment. Full effect is usually seen within 2 weeks.
- Relsin 8 may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- If you are scheduled to undergo an eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Relsin 8.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Treating the signs and symptoms of enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia [BPH]).
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Adults PO 8 mg once daily with a meal. Hepatic Impairment Mild-to-moderate impairment (Child-Pugh class A or B): Dose... View More
Renal Impairment CrCl <50 mL/min: Dose adjustment not necessary CrCl 30-50 mL/min: 4 mg PO qDay CrCl <30 mL/min: Contraindicated
Mode of Action
Selectively blocks postsynaptic alpha-1 adrenoreceptors located in the prostate, bladder base, bladder neck, prostatic capsule, and prostatic urethra.
Impaired hepatic & renal function. Start treatment w/ a low dose (2 mg/dose).
>10% Retrograde ejaculation (28%) 1-10% Diarrhea (3%),Headache (2%),Insomnia ((1-2%),Dizziness (3%),Orthostatic hypotension (3%; increased in patie... View More
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More