Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Capecitin 500. Please consult your doctor.
Capecitin 500 is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe i... View More
Capecitin 500 is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Capecitin 500 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Capecitin 500 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Capecitin 500 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. U... View More
Capecitin 500 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Capecitin 500 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Us... View More
Capecitin 500 is used in the treatment of cancer of breast, colon, and rectum. It may be also used to treat other conditions, as determined by the docto... View More
Uses of Capecitin 500
- Breast cancer
- Cancer of colon and rectum
Side effects of Capecitin 500
- Abdominal pain
- Blisters on fingers/feet
How to use Capecitin 500
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Capecitin 500 is to be tak... View More
How Capecitin 500 works
Capecitin 500 is an anticancer medication. Inside the body, this medicine gets converted into 5-fluorouracil (chemical). This chemical hampers the synth... View More
- Capecitin 500 is used alone or in combination with other medicines for the treatment of colon, rectum or breast cancers.
- It is oral chemotherapy, hence it is preferred by many patients.
- It should be taken within 30 minutes after eating a meal.
- The dose and the number of treatment cycles needed will depend on the type and stage of cancer that is being treated.
- It may cause dizziness and tiredness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Frequency of hair loss is much less compared to other chemotherapy drugs.
- Do not take it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood cells during treatment with this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if you notice signs of infection ... View More
- Inform your doctor immediately if you start to have side effects such as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, mouth sores, chest pain or loss of appetite.
Breast cancer, Colorectal cancer, Gastric cancer, Oesophageal cancer
Swallow with water within 30 min after a meal
Oral Breast cancer; Colorectal cancer Adult: 1.25 g/m2 bid for 2 wk followed by a 1 wk rest period; therapy to be given in 3-wk cycles. Recommended tr... View More
Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 51-80 No adjustment needed. 30-50 Reduce dose to 950 mg/m2 bid when starting dose is 1.25 g/m2 bid. No dose adjustme... View More
History of severe and unexpected reactions to fluoropyrimidine therapy; severe renal impairment; pregnancy, lactation. Hypersensitivity.
Mode of Action
Capecitabine is a prodrug that is converted to fluorouracil following oral administration, which in turn inhibits thymidylate synthetase, blocking the m... View More
Hepatic dysfunction, bone marrow suppression, poor nutritional status, warfarin therapy. Child, elderly, prior extensive pelvic radiation or alkylating ... View More
10% Diarrhea,Nausea,Anemia,Lymphopenia,Hand and foot syndrome,Edema,Fatigue,Fever,Headache,Pain,Paresthesia,Alopecia,Dermatitis,Abdominal pain,Anorexia... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: C Lactation: excretion in milk unknown; use with caution
Antacids containing aluminum and magnesium, leucovorin, anticoagulants, phenytoin, allopurinol.
Alternative brand for Capecitin 500
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More