Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Lura 20.
Lura 20 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there... View More
Lura 20 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Lura 20 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Lura 20 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lura 20 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Lura 20 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Lura 20 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Lura 20 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a mental disorder that can result in hallucinations or delusions and also adv... View More
Uses of Lura 20
Side effects of Lura 20
- Weight gain
- Dryness in mouth
- Akathisia (inability to stay still)
- Stomach discomfort
- Upper abdominal pain
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Increased saliva production
How to use Lura 20
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lura 20 is to be taken wit... View More
How Lura 20 works
Lura 20 work by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
- Lura 20 helps treat schizophrenia.
- It has a lower risk of causing weight gain and changes to cholesterol, blood sugar, and heart rhythm as compared to other similar medicines.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Lura 20 can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any abnormal or uncontrolled movements.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
Psychotic Disorder, Schizophrenia, bipolar depression.
Should be taken with food
Schizophrenia 40 mg PO once daily initially; may increase to 80 mg/day if needed; not to exceed 160 mg/day Bipolar Depression Indicated for major d... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment CrCl 50 mL/min or greater: Dosage adjustment not required CrCl <50 mL/min: 20 mg/day initially; not to exceed 80 mg/day
Hypersensitivity. Concurrent administration of strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, Ketoconazole). Concurrent administration of strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, Rif... View More
Mode of Action
The mechanism of action of Lurasidone in the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar depression is unknown. However, its efficacy in schizophrenia and bi... View More
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults taking antidepressants Cerebrovascular adverse reactions in... View More
>10% Somnolence, dose related (22%),Akathisia, dose related (15%),Fasting glucose increased (10-14%),Nausea (12%),Parkinsonism (11%) 1-10% Vomiting... View More
Alternative brand for Lura 20
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More