It is unsafe to consume alcohol with D-Dopa 275.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
D-Dopa 275 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
D-Dopa 275 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
... View More
D-Dopa 275 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
As D-Dopa 275 may cause dizziness, drowsiness, double vision, which may affe... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
D-Dopa 275 is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of D-Dopa 275 may not be needed... View More
D-Dopa 275 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of D-Dopa 275 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
D-Dopa 275 is a combination of two medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease. It is one of the most effective medications to relives symptoms of Parki... View More
Side effects of D-Dopa 275
- Dryness in mouth
- Abnormal dreams
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
How to use D-Dopa 275
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. D-Dopa 275 is to be taken ... View More
How D-Dopa 275 works
D-Dopa 275 is a combination of two medicines: Levodopa and Carbidopa which treats Parkinsonism. Levodopa is a dopamine precursor which gets converted to... View More
- You have been prescribed D-Dopa 275 to treat your symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- It can be taken with or without food or as directed by your doctor.
- Reduce/avoid a high-protein diet (e.g. meat, poultry, and dairy products) while you are taking the medicine as it can reduce the amount of medication ab... View More
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as D-Dopa 275 can make you very sleepy.
- When you start the medication, get out of bed slowly, as the medication may cause dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor. It may result in a serious syndrome that causes fever, stiff muscles, unusual body mov... View More
- Talk to your doctor in case you develop hallucinations or other changes in your behavior.
Parkinson Disease & Parkinson like Disorders
Adult: PO: Immediate release: 25 mg/100 mg q8hr or 10 mg/100 mg PO q6-8hr initially; levodopa may be incre... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal impairment: Safety and efficacy not established; use with caution
Lactation, narrow angle glaucoma, melanoma, psychosis, severely decompensated endocrine.
Mode of Action
Levodopa is the metabolic precurosor of dopamine, it crosses the blood-brain barrier and is converted to dopamine in the brain. Carbidopa increases the ... View More
Heart disease, liver disease, dementia, psychosis, pregnancy, elderly, heart disease. Regular monitoring of renal and hepatic function is reccomended.
... View More
Edema,Agitation, anxiety, ataxia, bruxism, confusion, daytime somnolence decreased attention span, dyskinesia, dystonia, euphoria, insomnia, fainting, f... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy category: C
Lactation: Drug inhibits lactation; use with caution
Pyridoxine reverses effects of levodopa. Type-B MAOIs have synergistic effect. Effect reduced by phenothiazines, haloperidol, reserpine, pyridoxine, dia... View More