Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Melato 3.
Information regarding the use of Melato 3 during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Melato 3 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Melato 3 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Melato 3 in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor. However, based on the limited... View More
Melato 3 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Melato 3 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. There is ver... View More
Melato 3 is a prescription medicine used in the treatment of insomnia and jet lag (a sleep disorder due to frequent travel to different time zones). It ... View More
Uses of Melato 3
- Jet lag
Side effects of Melato 3
How to use Melato 3
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Melato 3 is to be taken em... View More
How Melato 3 works
Melato 3 is a natural hormone which regulates the sleep-wake cycle and helps you fall asleep.
- Take it with or without food or at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- It is the safest medication with no dependence, no side effects, or no drug tolerance.
- Some lifestyle habits for good sleep:
- It may affect the blood sugar level. Take caution while taking this medicine if you are suffering from diabetes.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Smoking may make Melato 3 less effective since it can increase the metabolism (breakdown) of it by the liver.
- Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine as it may decrease the activity of drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking seizures medicine as Melato 3 may increase the frequency of Seizures.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Melato 3, suffering from liver or kidney, or if you have an intolerance to some sugars.
Disturbed biorhythms, Sleep disorders, Insomnia, Osteoporosis, In menopause to regulate sleep patterns in peri or postmenopausal women, To correct the s... View More
Oral Disturbed biorhythms; Sleep disorders Adult: Usual dose 3-6 mg at bedtime.
Oral Disturbed biorhythms; Sleep disorders Child: 2-3 mg at bedtime, increased after 1-2 wk to 4-6 mg if needed. Max dose 10 mg.
Pregnancy and lactation.
Mode of Action
Melatonin is the hormone secreted by the pineal gland. In humans, the plasma levels of melatonin are high at night and low during the day and it appears... View More
May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Epilepsy
Increased seizure activity; drowsiness, headache. Disruption of normal circadian rhythm. May worsen symptoms for individuals with depression.
Quinolones; carbamazepine, rifampicin; fluvoxamine, 5- or 8-methoxypsoralen, cimetidine, cigarette smoking, oestrogens. Alcohol; zalepon, zolpidem, zopi... View More
Alternative brand for Melato 3
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More