Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Defzort 24.
Defzort 24 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the develop... View More
Defzort 24 is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Defzort 24 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Defzort 24 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Defzort 24 is recommended. However, inform your doctor if you have any ... View More
Defzort 24 should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Defzort 24 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. L... View More
Defzort 24 belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It is used for treatment of various diseases and conditions such as allergic conditions, ast... View More
Uses of Defzort 24
- Severe allergic reactions
- Allergic conditions
- Rheumatic disorder
- Skin disorders
- Eye disorders
Side effects of Defzort 24
- Increased appetite
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Facial swelling
- Abnormal hair growth
- Cushing syndrome
How to use Defzort 24
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Defzort 24 may be taken wi... View More
How Defzort 24 works
- Defzort 24 helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of ... View More
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Defzort 24 can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Defzort 24. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Defzort 24 suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Allergic and inflammatory disorders
Oral Allergic and inflammatory disorders Adult: Initially, up to 120 mg daily. Maintenance: 3-18 mg/day. Hepatic impairment: Dose reductions may be... View More
Oral Allergic and inflammatory disorders Child: 0.25-1.5 mg/kg/day given on alternate days.
Systemic infection; live virus vaccines in those receiving immunosuppressive doses.
Mode of Action
Deflazacort, derived from prednisolone, is a corticosteroid with mainly glucocorticoid activity. An anti-inflammatory dose of 6 mg deflazacort is equiv ... View More
Adrenal suppression and infection, child, adolescents, elderly, history of TB and steroid myopathy, hypertension, recent MI, CHF, liver failure, renal i... View More
GI disturbances, musculoskeletal, endocrine, neuropsychiatric, ophthalmic, fluid and electrolyte disturbances; susceptible to infection, impaired healin... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Corticosteroids should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus Infants born to mo... View More
Antacids, ACE inhibitors, acetazolamide, adrenergic neuron blockers, antidiabetics, aspirin, barbiturate, ?-blockers, calcium-channel blockers, carbamaz... View More
Alternative brand for Defzort 24
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More