Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Calumide 50. Please consult your doctor.
Calumide 50 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful ... View More
Information regarding the use of Calumide 50 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Calumide 50 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Calumide 50 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Calumide 50 is recommended.
Calumide 50 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Calumide 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Regula... View More
Calumide 50 is used in the treatment of cancer of the prostate gland. It may be also used to treat other conditions, as determined by the doctor. It wor... View More
Uses of Calumide 50
- Prostate cancer
Side effects of Calumide 50
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Abdominal pain
- Breast enlargement in male
- Breast tenderness
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased libido
- Hot flashes
- Increased liver enzymes
- Weight gain
How to use Calumide 50
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Calumide 50 may be taken w... View More
How Calumide 50 works
Calumide 50 blocks the effect of the natural male hormones on the growth of prostate cells. Calumide 50 also blocks the undesired effects of androgens i... View More
- You have been prescribed Calumide 50 for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time every day.
- It may cause your skin to become light sensitive. Avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight and use sunscreen when outdoors.
- If you are diabetic, monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking Calumide 50.
- Your doctor may want you to have regular blood tests to monitor your liver function while you are taking this medicine. Inform your doctor if you notice... View More
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor first.
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer Adult: When used with gonadorelin analogue: Usual dose: 50 mg once daily. May be started with or... View More
Hypersensitivity. Females, children. Pregnancy, lactation.
Mode of Action
Bicalutamide competes with androgen for the binding of androgen receptors, consequently blocking the action of androgens of adrenal and testicular origi... View More
Monitor liver function regularly in hepatically impaired patients on prolonged therapy. Monitoring serum levels of Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) may b... View More
>10% Hot flashes (53%),General pain (35%),Back pain (25%),Asthenia (22%),Constipation (22%),Pelvic pain (21%),Infection (18%),Nausea (15%),Dyspnea (13%... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Contraindicated for use in pregnant women because it can cause fetal harm; not indicated for use in females; there are no human data on use... View More
Enhances effect of coumarin anticoagulants.