Medimet Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Diapiotab.
Diapiotab may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developi... View More
Diapiotab is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby. M... View More
Diapiotab does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Diapiotab is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Diapiotab is recommended. Use of Diapiotab is not recommended in patient... View More
Diapiotab should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Diapiotab may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Dia... View More
Diapiotab is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. This helps to pre... View More
Uses of Diapiotab
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Diapiotab
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
- Respiratory tract infection
- Bone fracture
How to use Diapiotab
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Diapiotab may be taken wit... View More
How Diapiotab works
Diapiotab is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin, a natural substance that helps control blood sugar l... View More
What if you forget to take Diapiotab?
If you miss a dose of Diapiotab, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Diapiotab helps to control blood sugar level and avoid long-term complications.
- Take it only as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Diapiotab.
- Full effects may be visible after several weeks of starting Diapiotab. Keep taking it as prescribed by your doctor.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while taking this medicine.
- Notify your doctor if you experience shortness of breath, heart problems, or any abnormal swelling.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function. Inform your doctor if you notice symptoms like abdominal pain, yellowing of eyes and loss of appetite.
Type 2 DM
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: 15 mg once daily. Elderly: No dosage adjustment needed. Hepatic impairment: Moderate to severe: Avoid.
Renal impairment: No dosage adjustment needed.
Hypersensitivity. Type 1 diabetes mellitus, symptomatic or history of heart failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, childn <18 yr. Lactation.
Mode of Action
Pioglitazone is as a potent and highly selective agonist for the peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-? (PPAR-?). Activation of these receptors pr... View More
I. Liver Enzyme must be monitored regularly II. History of heart failure and MI should be verified III. Incidence of bladder cancer should be verifi... View More
>10% Edema when used in combination with sulfonylurea or insulin (<27%),Hypoglycemia (<27%),Upper respiratory infection (13%) 1-10% Headache (9%),H... View More
Increased risk of oedema w/ insulin, metformin and sulfonylureas. Increased plasma levels w/ gemfibrozil and ketoconazole. Decreased plasma levels w/ ri... View More
Alternative brand for Diapiotab
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More