Albion Laboratories Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Diltiazem. Please consult your doctor.
Diltiazem may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developi... View More
Diltiazem is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not ... View More
Diltiazem may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Diltiazem is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Diltiazem is recommended. However, talk to your doctor if you have any u... View More
Diltiazem should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Diltiazem may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Diltiazem is used to treat angina (heart-related chest pain), high blood pressure and some types of irregular heartbeats (arrhythmia). It is known as a ... View More
Uses of Diltiazem
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Angina (heart-related chest pain)
Side effects of Diltiazem
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
How to use Diltiazem
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Diltiazem may be taken wit... View More
How Diltiazem works
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels, thereby widening the blood vessels and allowing ... View More
- Dilzem 30 Tablet CR slows down the heartbeat and allows the blood vessels in the body to relax.
- This helps prevent angina attacks (chest pain caused by heart disease), certain abnormal heart rhythms, stroke and heart attack.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up (orthostatic hypotension). Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.... View More
- It is best to avoid drinking alcohol while taking Dilzem 30 Tablet CR as it may make the side effects worse.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Supraventricular tachycardia, Hypertension, Angina, Atrial fibrillation, Arrhythmias, Atrial flutter
May be taken with or without food. The capsules should be swallowed whole with a drink of water. They should not be crushed or chewed
Angina Conventional tablet: 30 mg PO q6hr; increased every 1 or 2 days until angina controlled (usually 180-360 mg/day PO divided q6-8hr); not to excee... View More
Renal Impairment Use caution
Sick-sinus syndrome; 2nd or 3rd ° AV block; porphyria. Severe congestive cardiac failure; marked bradycardia. Pregnancy and lactation.
Mode of Action
Diltiazem relaxes coronary vascular smooth muscles by inhibiting influx of calcium ions during depolarisation of the vascular smooth muscles and myocard... View More
Elderly. Hepatic or renal impairment; impaired left ventricular function; prolonged AV periods; DM; hypotension. Avoid abrupt withdrawal and long-term u... View More
>10% Edema (2-15%),Headache (5-12%) 1-10% Dizziness (3-10%),AV block (2-8%),Peripheral edema (2-8%),Bradyarrhythmia (2-6%),Headache (1-5%),Hypotens... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy category: C Lactation: Drug enters breast milk; because of risk for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants from diltiazem, a decision... View More
Increased AV blocking effect w/ clonidine. May increase serum levels of statins (e.g. atorvastatin, lovastatin), carbamazepine, phenytoin. May increase ... View More
Alternative brand for Diltiazem
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More