NIPRO JMI Pharma Limited
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Erdostin. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Erdostin during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Erdostin during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Erdostin does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Erdostin should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Erdostin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Erdo... View More
Erdostin should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Erdostin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Erdos... View More
Erdostin is mucolytic medication. It is used in the treatment of various respiratory tract disorders associated with excessive mucus. Erdostin should ... View More
Uses of Erdostin
- respiratory tract disorders associated with viscid mucus
Side effects of Erdostin
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Increased sweating
How to use Erdostin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not chew, crush or break it. Erdostin may be taken with or without food, but i... View More
How Erdostin works
Erdostin is a mucolytic agent. It works by breaking up mucus (phlegm), making it easier to cough out.
- Erdostin helps in thinning and removal of the mucus (slimy and sticky substance) from the airways, thereby treats various respiratory conditions.
- Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do take Erdostin strictly as per the advise of your doctor.
- Your doctor may check your liver functions before starting Erdostin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have suffered or are currently suffering from any stomach, or kidney problem.
Symptomatic treatment of acute exacerbations of, chronic bronchitis, in adults as an expectorant.
The capsules must be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
Oral As a mucolytic Adult: 300 mg bid. Max duration: 10 days. Hepatic Failure Since there are no data in patients with severe liver failure, the u... View More
Since there are no data in patients with creatinine clearance <25ml/min, the use of erdosteine is not recommended in these patients.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the other excipients. Active peptic ulcer.
Mode of Action
Erdosteine contains two sulfhydryl groups, which are freed after metabolic transformation in the liver. The liberated sulfhydryl groups break the disulp... View More
Epigastralgia, nausea, vomiting, loose stools, spasmodic colitis, headache.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More