Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Ferintus. Please consult your doctor.
Ferintus may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developin... View More
Ferintus is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not h... View More
Ferintus does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Ferintus is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ferintus may not be needed in ... View More
Ferintus should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ferintus may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Ferintus is an iron replacement medicine. It is used to treat a type of anemia where you have fewer amount of red blood cells due to insufficient iron i... View More
Uses of Ferintus
- Iron deficiency anemia
Side effects of Ferintus
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
- Dark colored stool
How to use Ferintus
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Ferintus works
Ferintus is an anti-anemic medication. It replenishes the iron stores in your body. Iron is vital for the formation of new red blood cells and hemoglobi... View More
What if you forget to take Ferintus?
If you miss a dose of Ferintus, please consult your doctor.
- Ferintus is used for the treatment of iron deficiency, when oral iron preparations are ineffective or cannot be used.
- Your doctor or nurse will administer it by injection. You will be observed for at least 30 minutes after each injection as it may cause allergic reactio... View More
- Your blood pressure and blood iron levels will be regularly monitored during treatment with this medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any iron-containing products by mouth.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen its side effects.
- It may cause your stools to become black or dark in color. This is normal and harmless.
Iron deficiency anemia
IV Preparation For IV infusion, dilute in up to 250 mL 0.9% NaCl; resulting concentration should be >2 mg/mL IV Administration IV push: May adminis... View More
Injection Iron-deficiency Anemia Indicated for treatment of iron deficiency anemia (IDA) in adults who have intolerance or an unsatisfactory response ... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Hypersensitivity to any of its components.
Mode of Action
Non-dextran, IV is a colloidal iron hydroxide in complex with carboxymaltose, a carbohydrate polymer that releases iron; replaces iron stores found in h... View More
Hypersensitivity Reactions Serious hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylactic-type reactions, some of which have been life-threatening and fata... View More
1-10% Nausea (7.2%),Hypertension (3.8%),Flushing (3.6%),Decreased blood phosphorus (2.1%),Dizziness (2%),Vomiting (1.7%),Pruritus (1.5%),Rash (1.5%),Ur... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Studies on use in pregnant women have not reported adverse developmental outcomes; however, these studies cannot establish or exclude absence... View More
Alternative brand for Ferintus
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More