Hudson Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Filazine. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Filazine during pregnancy is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Information regarding the use of Filazine during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Filazine may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
There is limited information available on the use of Filazine in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Filazine in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Filazine belongs to a class of medication called anti-helminthic. It is used in the treatment of worm infections and filariasis. It can act against both... View More
Uses of Filazine
- Worm infections
Side effects of Filazine
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
How to use Filazine
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Filazine is to be taken wi... View More
How Filazine works
- You have been prescribed Filazine to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Fila... View More
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Filariasis, Lymphatic filariasis, Pulmonary eosinophilia, Loiasis, Toxocariasis
W. Bancrofti, B Malayi Day 1: 50 mg PO PC Day 2: 50 mg TID Day 3: 100 mg TID Day 4-14: 6 mg/kg/day divided TID Loa Loa Day 1: 50 mg PO PC Day 2... View More
W. Bancrofti, B Malayi Day 1: 1 mg/kg PO PC Day 2: 1 mg/kg PO TID Day 3: 1-2 mg/kg PO TID Day 4-14: 6 mg/kg/day divided TID Loa Loa Day 1: 1 mg/... View More
Pregnancy, hypersensitivity; lactation; infants, elderly or debilitated patients; impaired renal function; cardiac disease.
Mode of Action
Diethylcarbamazine is an anthelmintic that is used in the treatment of lymphatic filariasis. It is active against the microfilariae and adult worms of W... View More
Patients with poor health. Lactation: not known if excreted in breast milk
Fever, headache, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, chills. Potentially Fatal: Severe hypersensitivity reactions may occur especially in the tr... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: X Lactation: not known if excreted in breast milk
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More