Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Ambrisan 5. Please consult your doctor.
Ambrisan 5 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful e... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Information regarding the use of Ambrisan 5 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Ambrisan 5 may cause dizziness or weakness due to low blood pressure. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Ambrisan 5 should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ambrisan 5 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. ... View More
Ambrisan 5 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ambrisan 5 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Ambrisan 5 is a prescription medicine used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (high pressure in the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart ... View More
Uses of Ambrisan 5
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
Side effects of Ambrisan 5
- Runny nose
- Feeling sick
How to use Ambrisan 5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ambrisan 5 may be taken wi... View More
How Ambrisan 5 works
Ambrisan 5 is an endothelin receptor blocker. It blocks the action of endothelin (a natural substance) that causes blood vessels to narrow (constrict). ... View More
What if you forget to take Ambrisan 5?
If you miss a dose of Ambrisan 5, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Your doctor has prescribed Ambrisan 5 to treat high pressure in the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to the lungs (the pulmonary arteries).... View More
- It helps improve your quality of life, exercising ability, and delay disease progression.
- Your doctor may ask you to get routine blood tests done to check for anemia and to assess the functioning of your liver.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Ambrisan 5 affects you.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Females with reproductive potential should use a reliable form of birth control while using and 1 month after stopping Ambrisan 5 as it is toxic to an u... View More
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, swelling of your arms and legs, or difficulty breathing.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
May be taken with or without food: Swallow whole.
Indicated for WHO group 1 PAH to 1) improve exercise ability and delay clinical worsening; and 2) in combination with tadalafil to reduce the risks of d... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Dose adjustment in patients with mild or moderate renal impairment is therefore not required. There is no information on the exposure to ambrisentan in ... View More
Ambrisentan may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. Ambrisentan is contraindicated in women who are or may becom... View More
Mode of Action
High affinity endothelin (ETa) receptor subtype antagonist, resulting in inhibition of vasoconstriction.
Fluid Retention: Peripheral oedema has been observed with ERAs including ambrisentan. It is also a clinical consequence of PAH and worsening PAH. Pulm... View More
>10% Peripheral edema (17%),Headache (15%) 1-10% Nasal congestion (6%),Palpitations (5%),Constipation (4%),Dyspnea (4%),Flushing (4%),Abdominal pai... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Based on data from animal reproduction studies, fetal harm may occur when administered to a pregnant woman and is contraindicated during preg... View More
Cyclosporine Exposure to ambrisentan may be increased (approximately 2-fold). Limit the dosage of ambrisentan to 5 mg daily with coadministration. R... View More
Alternative brand for Ambrisan 5
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More