Additional OffersShow all
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Foviral. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Foviral is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there... View More
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Foviral is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Foviral may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Foviral should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Foviral may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Foviral is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Foviral may not be needed in the... View More
Foviral is used to treat HIV infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in combination with other anti-HIV medicines. It prevents the multi... View More
Uses of Foviral
- HIV infection
- Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
Side effects of Foviral
- Stomach pain
How to use Foviral
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Foviral is to be taken wit... View More
How Foviral works
Foviral is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears u... View More
What if you forget to take Foviral?
If you miss a dose of Foviral, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your r... View More
- You have been prescribed Foviral for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
- In combination with other medicines, it is used for the treatment of HIV infections.
- Take it with food, as this increases the absorption of the medicine into the body.
- Foviral may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- You may still develop infections or other illnesses associated with viral infection while taking this medication.
- You can also pass on HIV or HBV to others. Don't share needles or personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them.
- During treatment and for at least six months after stopping this medicine, regular blood tests are needed to monitor your liver function, level of hepat... View More
HIV-1 infection, Chronic hepatitis B
May be taken with or without food. Take consistently either always w/ or always w/o food.
Oral Chronic hepatitis B; HIV infection (Indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents for treatment of HIV-1 infection) Adult: 300 mg onc... View More
HIV Infection <2 years: Safety and efficacy not established >2 years: 8 mg/kg PO qDay; not to exceed 300 mg/day Hepatitis B Infection <12 years... View More
Renal impairment: Haemodialysis patients: 300 mg once every 7 days or after a cumulative total of 12 hr of dialysis. CrCl (ml/min) Dosage Recommendatio... View More
Tenofovir is contraindicated in patients with previously demonstrated hypersensitivity to Tenofovir or any component of the product.
Mode of Action
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, a diester prodrug of tenofovir, is a nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor. After oral absorption, tenofovir disopro... View More
Patient w/ hepatomegaly or other risk factors for liver disease. Renal impairment. Pregnancy. Patient Counselling This drug may cause dizziness, if affe... View More
>10% Asthenia (11%),Diarrhea (16%),Nausea (11%),Pain (12%) 1-10% Anorexia,Depression,Myalgia,Peripheral neuropathy,Dyspepsia,Rash,Headache,Vomiting... View More
Decreased atazanavir concentration with tenofovir unless also co-administered with ritonavir. Increased serum concentration of tenofovir or co-administe... View More
Alternative brand for Foviral
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More