G Benzathine Penicil6LacUnit
Gonoshasthaya Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
Consuming alcohol with G Benzathine Penicil does not cause any harmful side effects.
G Benzathine Penicil is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; h... View More
G Benzathine Penicil is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount ... View More
G Benzathine Penicil may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
G Benzathine Penicil should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of G Benzathine Penicil may be needed. Please consult ... View More
There is limited information available on the use of G Benzathine Penicil in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
G Benzathine Penicil is an antibiotic used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. It is effective in treating sore throat and sexually transmitted ... View More
Uses of G Benzathine Penicil
- Bacterial infections
- Prevention of rheumatic fever
Side effects of G Benzathine Penicil
- Allergic reaction
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
How to use G Benzathine Penicil
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How G Benzathine Penicil works
G Benzathine Penicil is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed f... View More
- You have been prescribed Penidure LA 12 Injection for the treatment of bacterial infections.
- It is given by an injection into a vein or muscle, or via a drip into a vein.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your sto... View More
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine... View More
Anthrax, Group A Strep. infections, Neurosyphilis, Fusobacterium infections, Diphtheria, Erysipeloid, Uncomplicated pneumococcal pneumonia, Rat bite fev... View More
Adult: IM: 0.3 to 1.2 million units up to 2.4 million units as a single dose repeated every five to seven days. Specific dosage schedule: Treatment ... View More
Child: IM 50,000 U/kg for newborns and infants, Child: IM 50,000 U/kg for newborns and infants, children <60 lb: 300,000–600,000 U, children >60 l... View More
Hypersensitivity to penicillins or cephalosporins. IM inj (ischaemic reactions may occur).
Mode of Action
Benzathine benzylpenicillin has the same antimicrobial action as benzylpenicillin which exerts its bactericidal action on growing and dividing bacteria ... View More
Very high doses in poor renal function (risk of neurotoxicity) or heart failure. Avoid contact, skin sensitization may occur. Monitor serum potassium co... View More
Hypersensitivity reactions including uticaria; fever; joint pains; rashes; angioedema; serum sickness-like reactions; haemolytic anaemia; interstitial n... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: B Lactation: Excreted into breast milk, caution advised
Probenecid prolongs T1/2 of benzathine benzylpenicillin. Bacteriostatic drugs e.g. chloramphenicol, tetracyclines; other antibacterials; anticoagulants.... View More