It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Griseofulvin FP.
Griseofulvin FP is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harm... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Griseofulvin FP is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby... View More
Griseofulvin FP may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Griseofulvin FP is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Griseofulvin FP may not... View More
Griseofulvin FP should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Griseofulvin FP may be needed. Please consult your doctor... View More
Griseofulvin FP is an antifungal medication. It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp, or hair. This medicine is usually used whe... View More
Side effects of Griseofulvin FP
- Skin rash
How to use Griseofulvin FP
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Griseofulvin FP is to be t... View More
How Griseofulvin FP works
Griseofulvin FP is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungi by preventing fungal cell division.
- Griseofulvin FP is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp or hair, when other medicines have failed to clear up the infection or are ... View More
- Take it with food to help your body absorb the medicine.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Griseofulvin FP may cause dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Griseofulvin FP as it may cause excessive drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and headaches.
- It can make you more sensitive to sunlight. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- It can make birth control pills less effective. Use an additional method of contraception while taking Griseofulvin FP.
- Do not take Griseofulvin FP if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Should be taken with food. Take immediately after meals.
Adult: 0.5-1 g daily in single or divided doses.
Treatment duration: 2-8 wk (hair and skin infections); up to 6 mth (fingernail... View More
Child: PO 20–25 mg/kg q24h
Severe liver disease; porphyria; monilial infection; SLE; pregnancy.
Mode of Action
Griseofulvin is a fungistatic antibiotic that inhibits fungal cell division at metaphase and binds to human keratin making it resistant to fungal infect... View More
Lactation; may impair ability to drive or operate machinery; avoid exposure to intense sunlight or artificial light. Regular monitoring of the renal, he... View More
Oral thrush; GI distress, taste perversion; dizziness, confusion, headache, depression, insomnia, fatigue; peripheral neuritis, photosensitivity; skin r... View More
Antagonises oral anticoagulants and oral contraceptives. Decreased GI absorption with phenobarbital. Reduced plasma concentrations with enzyme inducers ... View More