It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Grisovin FP.
Grisovin FP is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful ... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Grisovin FP is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Grisovin FP may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
Grisovin FP is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Grisovin FP may not be need... View More
Grisovin FP should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Grisovin FP may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of... View More
Grisovin FP is an antifungal medication. It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp, or hair. This medicine is usually used when ot... View More
Side effects of Grisovin FP
- Skin rash
How to use Grisovin FP
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Grisovin FP is to be taken... View More
How Grisovin FP works
Grisovin FP is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungi by preventing fungal cell division.
- Grisovin FP is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp or hair, when other medicines have failed to clear up the infection or are not ... View More
- Take it with food to help your body absorb the medicine.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Grisovin FP may cause dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Grisovin FP as it may cause excessive drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and headaches.
- It can make you more sensitive to sunlight. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- It can make birth control pills less effective. Use an additional method of contraception while taking Grisovin FP.
- Do not take Grisovin FP if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Should be taken with food. Take immediately after meals.
Adult: 0.5-1 g daily in single or divided doses.
Treatment duration: 2-8 wk (hair and skin infections); up to 6 mth (fingernail... View More
Child: PO 20–25 mg/kg q24h
Severe liver disease; porphyria; monilial infection; SLE; pregnancy.
Mode of Action
Griseofulvin is a fungistatic antibiotic that inhibits fungal cell division at metaphase and binds to human keratin making it resistant to fungal infect... View More
Lactation; may impair ability to drive or operate machinery; avoid exposure to intense sunlight or artificial light. Regular monitoring of the renal, he... View More
Oral thrush; GI distress, taste perversion; dizziness, confusion, headache, depression, insomnia, fatigue; peripheral neuritis, photosensitivity; skin r... View More
Antagonises oral anticoagulants and oral contraceptives. Decreased GI absorption with phenobarbital. Reduced plasma concentrations with enzyme inducers ... View More