Nipa Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Grovin.
Grovin is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful effec... View More
Grovin is probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug may pass into the breastmilk and harm the baby.
Grovin may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Grovin is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Grovin may not be needed in thes... View More
Grovin should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Grovin may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of Grovin is... View More
Grovin is an antifungal medication. It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp, or hair. This medicine is usually used when other m... View More
Uses of Grovin
- Fungal infections
Side effects of Grovin
- Skin rash
How to use Grovin
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Grovin is to be taken with... View More
How Grovin works
Grovin is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungi by preventing fungal cell division.
- Grovin is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp or hair, when other medicines have failed to clear up the infection or are not appro... View More
- Take it with food to help your body absorb the medicine.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder ... View More
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Grovin may cause dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Grovin as it may cause excessive drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and headaches.
- It can make you more sensitive to sunlight. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- It can make birth control pills less effective. Use an additional method of contraception while taking Grovin.
- Do not take Grovin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Should be taken with food. Take immediately after meals.
Oral Dermatophytosis Adult: 0.5-1 g daily in single or divided doses. Treatment duration: 2-8 wk (hair and skin infections); up to 6 mth (fingernail... View More
Oral Dermatophytosis Child: PO 20–25 mg/kg q24h
Severe liver disease; porphyria; monilial infection; SLE; pregnancy.
Mode of Action
Griseofulvin is a fungistatic antibiotic that inhibits fungal cell division at metaphase and binds to human keratin making it resistant to fungal infect... View More
Lactation; may impair ability to drive or operate machinery; avoid exposure to intense sunlight or artificial light. Regular monitoring of the renal, he... View More
Oral thrush; GI distress, taste perversion; dizziness, confusion, headache, depression, insomnia, fatigue; peripheral neuritis, photosensitivity; skin r... View More
Antagonises oral anticoagulants and oral contraceptives. Decreased GI absorption with phenobarbital. Reduced plasma concentrations with enzyme inducers ... View More
Alternative brand for Grovin
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More