Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Hepacare 400. Please consult your doctor.
Hepacare 400 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, ... View More
Hepacare 400 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby... View More
Hepacare 400 may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive. Hepacare 400, when taken together with other medicines for the treatment o... View More
Hepacare 400 should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Hepacare 400 may be needed. Please consult your doct... View More
Hepacare 400 is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Hepacare 400 is recommended.
Hepacare 400 is an antiviral medication. It is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. It work... View More
Uses of Hepacare 400
- Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
Side effects of Hepacare 400
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
How to use Hepacare 400
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Hepacare 400 is to be take... View More
How Hepacare 400 works
Hepacare 400 is an antiviral medication. It works by lowering a load of hepatitis C virus in the body and removing the virus from the blood over a perio... View More
What if you forget to take Hepacare 400?
If you miss a dose of Hepacare 400, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to y... View More
- Hepacare 400 is used along with other medications for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It has fewer side effects compared to other similar medications.
- Take it with food, preferably at the same time everyday.
- You will usually need to take this medicine every day for either 12 or 24 weeks.
- It may cause fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function and the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body regularly.
- Do not stop taking Hepacare 400 without your doctor's advice.
Chronic Hepatitis C, Patients with hepatocellular carcinoma awaiting liver transplantation
Should be taken with food.
Oral Chronic Hepatitis C One 400 mg tablet taken once daily with or without food - Should be used in combination with Ribavirin or in combination wit... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
When Sofosbivur is used in combination with Ribavirin or Peginterferon alfa/Ribavirin, the contraindications applicable to those agents are applicable t... View More
Mode of Action
Nucleotide prodrug that undergoes metabolism to the active uridine analog triphosphate, an inhibitor of HCV NS5B RNA-dependent polymerase; its inhibitio... View More
Pregnancy: Ribavirin may cause birth defects and fetal death and animal studies have shown interferons have abortifacient effects; avoid pregnancy in fe... View More
>10% Sofosbuvir plus ribavarin (12 weeks) Fatigue (38%),Headache (24%),Nausea (22%),Insomnia (15%),Pruritus (11%),Sofosbuvir plus ribavarin (24 weeks)... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: B; Category X when used in combination with ribavirin or peginterferon alfa/ribavirin
Reduced therapeutic effect w/ drugs that are potent P-gp inducers in the intestine (eg rifampicin, St. John's wort, carbamazepine & phenytoin), modafini... View More
Alternative brand for Hepacare 400
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More