Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Linatab 5.
Linatab 5 is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, the... View More
Linatab 5 is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent any significant risk to the baby.
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is too low or too high. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Linatab 5 is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Linatab 5 is recommended.
Linatab 5 is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Linatab 5 is recommended.
Linatab 5 is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used together with a healthy diet and regular exercise to control blood sugar leve... View More
Uses of Linatab 5
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Linatab 5
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
- Allergic reaction
How to use Linatab 5
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Linatab 5 may be taken wit... View More
How Linatab 5 works
Linatab 5 is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood su... View More
- Linatab 5 should be taken at the same time every day since this helps you remember to take it.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxie... View More
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Linatab 5 affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you notice joint pains or develop symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea and/or vomiting.
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
May administer with or without food
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: 5 mg once daily. Indicated for adults with diabetes mellitus type II along with diet and exercise to lower blo... View More
Safety and efficacy not established
Renal Impairment: No dose adjustment.
Patients with a history of a hypersensitivity reaction to linagliptin, such as urticaria, angioedema, or bronchial hyperreactivity. Type 1 DM. Treatment... View More
Mode of Action
Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitor; increases and prolongs incretin hormone activity which is inactivated by DPP-4 enzyme. Incretins regulate g... View More
Concomitant use w/ sulphonylureas which are known to cause hypoglycemia; dose reduction of sulphonylureas may be considered. May affect ability to drive... View More
1-10% Nasopharyngitis (4.3%),Hyperlipidemia (2.8%; with pioglitazone),Cough (2.4%; with metformin and sulfonylurea),Hypertriglyceridemia (2.4%; with su... View More
Increased risk of hypoglycaemia when used w/ an insulin secretagogue (e.g. sulfonylurea) or insulin. Plasma concentration of linagliptin may be decrease... View More
Alternative brand for Linatab 5
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More