Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Proscan.
Proscan is unsafe to use during pregnancy as there is definite evidence of risk to the developing baby. However, the doctor may rarely prescribe it in s... View More
Information regarding the use of Proscan during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Proscan alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and rea... View More
Proscan is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Proscan may not be needed in th... View More
Proscan is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor. "You should not take EUFLEX tablets ... View More
Proscan is used in the treatment of cancer of the prostate gland. It may be also used to treat other conditions, as determined by the doctor. It works b... View More
Uses of Proscan
- Prostate cancer
Side effects of Proscan
- Breast enlargement in male
- Abdominal pain
- Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Breast tenderness
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased libido
- Hot flashes
- Increased liver enzymes
- Weight gain
How to use Proscan
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Proscan may be taken with ... View More
How Proscan works
Proscan blocks the effect of the natural male hormones on the growth of prostate cells. Proscan also blocks the undesired effects of androgens in female... View More
- You have been prescribed Proscan for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration unless you know how Proscan affects you.
- It may cause your skin to become light sensitive. Avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight and use sunscreen when outdoors.
- If you are diabetic, monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking Proscan.
- Your doctor may want you to have regular blood tests to monitor your liver function while you are taking this medicine. Inform your doctor if you notice... View More
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor first.
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Palliative treatment of prostatic carcinoma Adult: 250 mg tid preferably at least 3 days before gonadorelin analogue treatment.
Hypersensitivity, severe hepatic impairment, pregnancy and lactation.
Mode of Action
Flutamide is a nonsteroidal 'pure' antiandrogen which acts directly on the target tissues either by blocking androgen uptake or by inhibiting cytoplasmi... View More
Perform liver function tests before starting treatment and at regular intervals. Treatment is not recommended in patients whose ALT values exceed twice ... View More
>10% Hot flashes (61%),Decreased libido (36%),Impotence (31%),Diarrhea (12%),Nausea/vomiting (11%) 1-10% Gynecomastia (9%),Anorexia (4%),Edema (4%)... View More
Pregnancy Category Note
Pregnancy Category: D Lactation: Excretion in milk unknown; not recommended
Increased prothrombin time in patients on long-term warfarin treatment.
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More