Additional OffersShow all
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Bestcol 10. Please consult your doctor.
Bestcol 10 is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Seek your doctor's advice as studies on pregnant women and animals have shown significant harmful e... View More
Bestcol 10 is unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby.
Bestcol 10 does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Bestcol 10 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Bestcol 10 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of ... View More
Bestcol 10 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Bestcol 10 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Use of B... View More
Bestcol 10 belongs to a group of medicines called statins. It is used to lower cholesterol and to reduce the risk of heart disease. Cholesterol is a fat... View More
Uses of Bestcol 10
- High cholesterol
- Prevention of heart attack and stroke
Side effects of Bestcol 10
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal pain
How to use Bestcol 10
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Bestcol 10 may be taken wi... View More
How Bestcol 10 works
Bestcol 10 is a lipid-lowering medication (statin). It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required by the body to make cholesterol,... View More
What if you forget to take Bestcol 10?
If you miss a dose of Bestcol 10, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to you... View More
- Bestcol 10 treats high cholesterol by lowering "bad" cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides (fats). It should be taken in addition to regular exercise and ... View More
- In general, Bestcol 10 is safe. It may cause diarrhea, gas or an upset stomach. If any of these happen to you, take it with food.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fatigue, muscle weakness or muscle pain.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting the treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of liver proble... View More
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, liver disease or diabetes before starting treatment with this medicine. If you are diabetic, monitor your... View More
- Do not take Bestcol 10 if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Hyperlipidaemias, Primary hypercholesterolaemia (heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia), mixed dyslipidaemia, homozygous familial hypercholesterol... View More
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertriglyceridemia, hyperlipidemia, mixed dyslipidemiaProphylaxis of cardiovascular events in high-risk patients Adult: I... View More
Oral Child Heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: >10 yr Initially, 5 mg once daily, may be adjusted at intervals of at least 4 wk. Max: 20 mg... View More
Renal impairment Severe (CrCl <30 mL/min/1.73m²) and not on hemodialysis: Decrease starting dose to 5 mg PO qDay; not to exceed 10 mg PO qDay CrCl>30m... View More
Severe renal impairment, active liver disease, unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases; hypersensitivity. Pregnancy, lactation.
Mode of Action
Rosuvastatin is a selective and competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase, the rate-limiting enzyme in cholesterol synthesis. It increases the number o... View More
Patients w/ predisposing factors for myopathy (e.g. untreated hypothyroidism, renal impairment), history of chronic liver disease and alcoholism. Monito... View More
>10% Myalgia (3-13%) 1-10% Arthralgia (10%),Diabetes mellitus, new onset (3%),Pharyngitis (9%),Headache (6%),Asthenia (up to 5%),Dizziness (4%),CPK... View More
May increase serum levels of warfarin and oral contraceptives. May increase serum levels w/ itraconazole, HIV protease inhibitors. May decrease serum le... View More
Alternative brand for Bestcol 10
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More