Additional OffersShow all
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Gluvan 50.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Gluvan 50 may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developi... View More
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
Information regarding the use of Gluvan 50 during breastfeeding is not available. Please consult your doctor.
Gluvan 50 may decrease alertness, affect your vision or make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Do not drive if these symptoms occur.
Gluvan 50 should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Gluvan 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Gluvan 50 should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Gluvan 50 may be needed. Please consult your doctor. Regular mo... View More
Gluvan 50 is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used together with a healthy diet and regular exercise to control blood sugar leve... View More
Uses of Gluvan 50
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Side effects of Gluvan 50
- Common cold
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea
How to use Gluvan 50
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Gluvan 50 may be taken wit... View More
How Gluvan 50 works
Gluvan 50 is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood su... View More
What if you forget to take Gluvan 50?
If you miss a dose of Gluvan 50, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your... View More
- Gluvan 50 should be taken at the same time every day since this helps you remember to take it.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxie... View More
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Gluvan 50 affects you.
- Your doctor may check your kidney and liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such... View More
Type 2 DM
May be taken with or without food.
Oral Type 2 diabetes mellitus Adult: 50 mg bid. Not recommended to use >100 mg/day. W/ metformin or a thiazolidinedione: 50 mg twice daily; w/ a sulf... View More
Renal impairment: Moderate, severe and ESRD: 50 mg once daily.
Hypersensitivity to vildagliptin
Mode of Action
Vildagliptin is a dipeptidylpeptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor that improves glycaemic control by preventing DPP-4 from inactivating the incretin hormones gl... View More
Patient w/ cardiac failure (NYHA functional class IV), type 1 DM; history of acute pancreatitis. Not intended for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis... View More
Nausea, peripheral oedema, headache, tremor, asthenia, dizziness, constipation, hypoglycaemia, arthralgia, hepatic dysfunction, nasopharyngitis, upper r... View More
Decreased hypoglycaemic effect w/ thiazides, corticosteroids, thyroid products and sympathomimetics.
Alternative brand for Gluvan 50
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not... View More